There are many reasons why I don't prefer to read short story collections.

 It requires lot of time and energy to enter into a new world - the imaginary but wonderful world with so many unique people, such unique environment. It needs time and energy to sink into the psyche of another person and feel what he/she is feeling and understand their emotions. And then TAK - that world is suddenly closed. You feel lost. All over again.

Where as novels don't do that they take you on a long journey. With no sudden closures. You don't have to hop down from your bus and climb yet another strange bus all over again. 

So when I selected 'Tenth December' by George Saunders as my next book, I was hesitant and wondered whether this will end up like 'Dubliners'. Dubliners is still in my list of currently reading because I am not certain whether I have read all the stories or not. 

But the book is nice - each story dwelling on inner tumults of common man. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ಹೂಗಳು

ಎಮ್ಮೆ

Not for nation