Learning is eternal

I am learning some networking stuff from a video. Does that make me happy. Of course. But these things are really lengthy, too many and confusing. Except for ifconfig, I do not remember other commands.

Of course now I know that DNS servers can be specified using /etc/resolv.conf. And dhclient command restarts the DHCP server. But in my machine it gave some error. I googled and gave rm option. And then ran it again. Not very clear how it works yet.

But these TED talk videos which I should really use in life, which may be more needed to me than ifconfig, I use them just as sleeping pills. Today I was watching a TED talk about how chronic diseases like diabetes, depression etc. should not be treated with tablets but with lifestyle changes. Sad thing I did not watch it till end so I am unclear about it.

OK, let me give you one link

I don't know much about this person Jim Kwik, but some how the video touched me. It is not TED talk. It is an interview.



And another concept discussed in this video is decision fatigue. Something like you can make only limited number of good decisions per day. That is the reason people like Mark Zuckenberg wear the same shirt each day. That is try to remove trivial decision making from your life so that you have space for more important decisions.

Like Sheldon throws a coin in Big Bang theory. :)

And another point I would like to emphasize is morning routine. I don't do yoga or meditation. I work on my laptop for some time and then I spend few minutes in my terrace garden. And that helps me to a large extent.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ಹೂಗಳು

ಎಮ್ಮೆ

Not for nation