Explorer

I am an explorer.

I wanted so much to say that I am a bumbling idiot. But the truth is if we say something self deprecating people will happily agree and guffaw. So instead if we say something positive about ourselves, people disagree. But we have atleast tried.

So I am explorer. I wanted to go from metro station in MG road to Safina plaza near the entrance of commercial street. I looked at google maps and the path looked simple enough. Take a turn and go to cubbon road take another turn and walk straight.

You already see the problem right. Where do I take a turn and which turn? I have faith in namma oorina helpful citizens and plunged into the exploration. I asked the first good samaritan. He asked me walk for a while and then take a left turn. See I was in Brigade road at that time. So may be he meant walk straight from Brigade road and then take a left turn.

What I instead did was I walked for a long time in MG road and then tried taking a left turn. First it looked like there was a straight road ahead. I started walking on this left road. I walked for some time, but no sign of Cubbon road. I again asked two kids - who are obviously outsiders. They did not know the way. But they gave a very sound suggestion. Go to MG road and take an auto.

No, I did not want to take an auto. But the further I walked, I stopped seeing autos or any moving vehicles. The signs said it was Rest house road.

Like Columbus I also believe earth is round and I also believed that if we keep walking straight, we have to reach our destination. But earth is round, Bangalore roads are not loopy.

Finally I asked another gentleman. This time I asked him how to reach main road. He gave me the directions and I reached MG road again.

Then I took at an auto.

So I walked till my legs started sobbing and I still paid money for the auto.

It is God's way of saying "When will you ever learn to go from A to B? I give up".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ಹೂಗಳು

ಎಮ್ಮೆ

Not for nation