Art therapy - II

Whenever I am feeling blue - which is happening more and more often and lasts for longer and longer duration, when I feel blue, I lie in front of TV, hoping I can watch some show which I have   not already seen 100 times. And invariably I fail in this endeavor, so I won't know what else to do.

But after a while I get up with all the energy I can muster and start running to my art therapy.

I have already blogged about art therapy in an earlier blog .

I bring out my paints, brushes and unlimited supply of surfaces to dabble on ( grocery bags given out by super markets, old salwars etc). See I keep buying paints as the old one dry and different sizes of brushes. If inspiration strikes, I should not suffer because of lack of tools.

So I dabble and dabble for an hour. By the end of the hour, sanity prevails. I realize that I can not "art". So I close my box of hatiyar and move on to some other similarly meaningless work work.

But did the art do its work - which is being therapeutic? Yes, it did. It made me forget whatever was my actual worry. But instead brought a vague feeling of disappointment that I am not a born - or bred artist and I may never be one.

But that is OK. I am meant to be a brainy one - not a artsy one. Right?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ಹೂಗಳು

ಎಮ್ಮೆ

Not for nation