Passion

I have written earlier that I am learning Sanskrit.

Yes, and I am also taking an exam in Sanskrit.

Strange but true. Till now, the only Sanskrit I pronounce were the shlokas I would mutter. No I don't give beautiful gaalis and selected adjectives to the God I am praying to while I am praying - though I am entitled to. I don't say "vaktratunda mahakaya", "tell me why should I pray at all. What good you have ever done to me","nirvignam kuru me deva, sarva karyeshu sarvada", "nirvighna, huh, I don't see anything but vighna whatever I do" etc. etc. No I don't do this. Again I am entitled to do it, but I don't. Scold God while praying.

But then one day when I was feeling completely disillusioned with life etc. etc., my friend called me and asked whether I would like to study for this exam in Sanskrit. Of course I would be. Any learning which does not involve cooking and cleaning, I would be interested. And if that learning is pedantic, excellent! Where do I register?

And Sanskrit had another added advantage. Earlier I had unsuccessfully tried to learn it, in order to create a 'duolingo' of it. (a person can always dream!).

So we - three of us, registered for this Sanskrit Pravesha exam from an organization called Sanskrit Bharathi. The exam, the book everything together was 300 Rs. And they also conduct contact classes once a month.

The book is quite good. And there are old question papers available in the net.

So all these things helped me us to study.

But I was still not inspired enough. Some days I would read for some time. Other days I just binge watch TV or play solitaire on mobile till 'cows came home'.

Then three days back, I made up my mind and booted my computer and started my android IDE. And things became so much better.

I am not saying that I don't face difficulties in coding. I had to unsuccessfully try to download some library files. I had to download 850 MB of IDE all over again and then struggle an entire day to make it  - IDE to work

And the apps I develop may not get thousand of downloads or reviews. But I like it and I work hard to learn things and give out that knowledge in the apps/blogs. And that gives some meaning to my life.

Now, even if I watch TV or just use pinterest, I know my app is there waiting for me - like a mother's lap, I can go there any time and get solace.

This is how passion works I think. It makes our lives "livable"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ಹೂಗಳು

ಎಮ್ಮೆ

Not for nation