childhood

Turns out I still know how to read. Even the printed books where I can’t zoom the letters or increase the brightness.

I started reading “the childhood of Jesus “ by Coetzee. Why is the title of my post say only childhood? May be I am more afraid than I admit.

The book is about a man and a child in a strange country. They are immigrants there and they hardly know Spanish spoken there. 

Which country have they gone to? Mexico? I don’t think so. Because they travelled in a boat. Pakistan? Don’t think so either. People in the new country are so nice and good natured. Not at all “terroristy” ;)

Everyone supposes that Simon is the father of the child -David. But that is not true. He met the lost child in the boat. He wants to find David’s mother and reunite the mother and son. 

He has no idea how does this woman look like. In the meantime he looks after David as a mother and father. 

After initial difficulties they are given a tiny apartment in this new country and Simon works in the port as a stevedore. David also finds a friend and playmate in the neighbourhood.

But then one day they see a lady who Simon is sure is the mother of David. And he somehow convinces her to take the child with her.

But was he right? Will the lady Ines take care of David as affectionately as Simon? 

Wait for my next post. 

I am kidding. Read the book. It is really Good.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ಹೂಗಳು

ಎಮ್ಮೆ

Not for nation