After life

I have been wanting to blog about a Tv series “after life” from Netflix since a week. Then I felt it is wrong. I am supposed to read and write about great literature . Not trivial TV series.

But with my busy schedule (YouTube, movies channels on Tv and occasional Netflix !!) it is difficult to finish a book. Any way I am in page 472 of a book - a great book by Maksim Gorky. So I am entitled to blog about a TV series.

After life - if you think it is about life after death, or some kind of zombie thing, you are absolutely wrong. And anyway I don’t watch such series because Western deads are ugly unlike our own Indian bhoots who are clad in beautiful white sarees and look more like apsaras than dead humans.

The serial is about a widower who is so upset with his wife’s death that he wants to kill him self.

Hard to believe, if you ask me. After 25 years of marriage ( I think), he is still attached so much to his own wife? Any way, that’s what the story is.

And Tony- our heron is suicidal in a bad way. Because he thinks he will live in his own terms. And if there is any problem, he can always kill him self. 

Again, I don’t think that is how most depressed suicidal people think. They certainly will not be rude and uncaring towards others.

And he is working for a small local newspaper office where his brother in law is his boss. Boss cares too much for Tony and is forgiving for most of his irresponsible behaviour. 

The plus point is that the series has a unique storyline. But the major minus point is the heavy British accent which is quite difficult for us Indians. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ಹೂಗಳು

ಎಮ್ಮೆ

Not for nation