Format

Yesterday I wanted to change the world. Tell the people that they are wrong and exaplain why and how, and lead them to the right path to freedom.

Today I just want to have a working laptop so that I can keep working on my never ending app work and blogging.

Can you believe that I have installed the Ubuntu system 3 times in the last 10 hours.

There was a quite cliched joke about Windows operating system saying that if they designed a car, every time there is a problem, we need to close all the windows and then open all windows again. 

I would go one step further with my mobiles. When my mobiles start slowing down, I would factory reset them. I might have done this hundreds of times. Until one day, I could not boot after reset.

Same with reinstalling operating systems. And not just windows. I might have installed Linux operating system so many times.

May be I should open a computer and mobile repair shop!

But yesterday the installer stopped because of errors. (internal? external? who know?)  And I kept wondering how to recover my data and whether to buy new CD of OS. The poor guy in some repair shop told me  over the phone that he can't recover data on Linux OS and he should send it outside.

Today I finally could install OS but when I tried making the system more secure, it stopped internet connections. Next time after installing and some basic changes it gave some other error. 

Now I am not even sure how secure the system is. But it boots.

So I should start my serenity prayer - O God, give the courage to change the setting I can and accept the fact that the system will never be secure 100%.

That way I can get some important work (yes, my important blogging work) done, instead of repairing my gadgets 24 by 7.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ಹೂಗಳು

ಎಮ್ಮೆ

Not for nation