Bad

 This thought is attacking me too often. My age is not an age to try and start a career or even learn technology. It is an age to sit silently and contemplate about my life. And wallow in self pity. And if possible try to find out where I went wrong. 

Then I remembered this lady in a TV series - a Russian sounding lady is in a lift with her friend smoking cigarette. A gentleman nicely asks her to put off the cigarette twice. Third time, she retorts "may be I will put it off on your face". I thought I liked her. That courage! To be rude in public. To accept to yourself that you are bad and announce it to the whole world.

But then, does any one do that ever? Tell openly that he/she is bad and that's how they are. Without playing the victim card or childhood card. 

I think not. 

No one admits it because, no one thinks that he/she is bad - but  is victim of circumstances and bad situations. Even Hitler would have cried pitifully if asked this question. "Are you a bad person Adolf? You have killed millions of people", "You don't understand at all. You don't know how difficult it was for me growing up. I had a cruel father, uncaring mother, severe poverty. I would go hungry on most days. etc. etc..."

Animals attack others a) if they are hungry and want to eat you b) if they are scared that you may eat it. My over-simplification.

Are these the two reasons for attack by humans as well? 

I am unnecessarily rude to a lady or a gentleman because I fear  her/him. I think that they are going to attack me in some way? I may not be attacking them because I want to eat them. I am not a cannibal.

Again this is where over simplification fails. See, hungry has a larger  scope for humans. It does not mean present hunger or hunger for just me. It could be lack of food in my future, or may children's future or in my old age. So I steal from someone or I take a bribe or I murder some one just for money. With which I can buy food, or future food.

A country attacks another country because it wants to feed its people from the resource of another country. We have seen it for almost 2 centuries.

Ha, you philosophers, you study an entire lifetime, you devote your life to understanding the human nature and still you can not conclude.  I deducted the origin of sin in one blog post! Kudos to me! Hail Usha.

Disclaimer : all my sentences are hypothetical. I am the most harmless housewife sitting in tiniest corner of the universe. Minding my own business and writing silly words occasionally.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ಹೂಗಳು

ಎಮ್ಮೆ

Not for nation