Sashiko

 Sashiko is a type of ancient Japanese embroidery technique - usually done using simple line stitches of white thread on blue cloth. 

It came into existence in the 17th  century Japan, in Edo period. During those days, clothes were hand woven, so quite expensive. So the poor people would stitch these to make stronger clothing using simple running stitches. 




Sashiko patterns are usually geometric in nature. 

You get plenty of videos and patterns in the internet.

Being simple in design, there are lesser chances to mess the design up. And easier to sew too. Ideal for lazies like me.

But why would I embroider at all? I, who carry a sling bag by tying its longer strap, instead of stitching it? 

People keep saying, these sewing, embroidery etc are like Zen? And I get repurpose these grocery bags and make them look interesting. 




Correct, scream my brain cells, thankful for getting little rest for from idiotic Netflix. 

And by blogging about these, I can tell with record what I have been doing with my time - in my final interview. With Chitragupta. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ಹೂಗಳು

ಎಮ್ಮೆ

Not for nation