Sunshine

 Many decades ago, in the first winter in our previous home, I realized that I can get direct sunlight - dhoop, bisilu , direct to our dining table. And I was euphoric - ok extremely excited. 

One hour of sunlight, free home delivery, free of cost, for your convenience. Well I had overlooked the hard work my spouse put in buying land and constructing that house. He didn't actually build it for me, right? 

Then as days passed, this sunlight lost its novelty and I completely forgot about it. Until today. I had been complaining about this fog, rain and clouds to everyone. Then suddenly there was bright light. Aha, surya deva - decided to come out blues or bluish grayish clouds. So I ambled to balcony and started enjoying that happy feeling of sunlight kissing all my limbs and it was bliss. Ha, it is deja vu. Different house, different day but same warmth and happiness. I remembered the dining table sunlight.

Yes, let me shamefacedly admit it. I can enjoy this lazy warm morning with a hot cup of tea when my spouse is out there in the cold, working. I should be forever grateful to him. Instead of grumbling non-stop. 

And I should also appreciate the design of this house. Our balcony receives full sunlight in winter but does not in the summer. If it were reverse, summers would have been very hot and terrible. 

Today is gratitude day. :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ಹೂಗಳು

ಎಮ್ಮೆ

Not for nation