Aadhara ?

 I was trying to update my aadhar card.

Yes, I know, for a person who stares at the road or empty sky 24X7X365, any outside interaction is a great adventure.

I needed my aadhar card to have my updated mobile number urgently. Google told me that it will be done in a Bangalore one center near my house. 

Thus began my journey. In the center, I was told that, the tokens will be given only in the mornings - for about 5 minutes - 45 tokens in all. And you can't come later without such a token. But she gave me a useful tip too. She gave me a phone number of Sakala service who will come home and do the updating.

So wonderful. I called the number and was promptly told that a "jana sevaka" will visit next morning. And after verifying the required documents he will initiate the updating process. 

Wow, such a nice facility! I was thrilled and waited for the representative to come. He did not. But instead I got many, many calls from Sakala agency, asking whether any one came and then reassuring me that they will send the person the same day.

This repeated the next 2 days also. But then my spouse said enough is enough. He stood in the queue in Bangalore one center for at 7:30. The center would open at 8:45 and he obtained the token. 

I went to the center at around 10:30. Took the token from my spouse and waited in a queue. At around 12, the kind lady, took all the details and some 50 rupee fees and accepted my application. Within an hour, I even received a message saying that the update application has started. 

Within the next 24 hours, my mobile number was changed in their website. But, I was not getting one time passwords in my phone. I tried all possible options there. I googled answers. I even disable DND - do not disturb - setting in my phone. 

1947: This is adhar help line. I called them and registered a complaint there. They even gave almost a 100 digit complain number and told the issue will be resolved soon.

After two days, I called and gave this complaint number. The automated message told me that the complain does not exist. I complained again and got another very long number.

Still no otp. In the mean while, the urgent work which was to be done, was done using some other method. And the next day I got my OTP.  So what does it say?

If you need to update your number in aadhar card, you need to carry only your aadhar card original and visit aadhar center. But be ready to stand in a long queue. Unless you have some deep problems like me, it will be updated within 3-4 days.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ಹೂಗಳು

ಎಮ್ಮೆ

Not for nation