tvameva sharanam

Of late, I have started looking forward to cooking. What on the earth did happen? Did I suddenly develop an affinity to this feminine work?

Nothing of that sort happened. I am just glad that I get an opportunity to get up from couch and do something. And not stare at the @$@#@ screen. 

So I came to kitchen today and started thinking about tomorrow's breakfast. A lie! I would never. Planning a meal 12 hours ahead is not my cup of tea. 

Take a look at my search history  (theoretically- because paranoid me periodically delete history) - you will find it filled with instant breakfast recipes. 

No, I glanced at 4-5 bananas which are shouting that they are well past their prime. Black spots everywhere. I could try refrigerating them, but they will taste quite bad. So I decided banana dosa tomorrow and banana roti for dinner today. Soaked the rice for 1 and a half hour. Ground this rice with bananas and the batter will be nicely ready tomorrow.

This morning, I had made ragi and wheat flour dosa - which does not need fermenting (for those of you are non-planners like me).  Till yesterday, I had the proper rice and ural dal batter for dosas. 

So basically every breakfast is a dosa in various forms. Why do I cook dosas each and every morning? Because it is tried and tested recipe and is not disliked by family members. It's like watching a TV show like Modern Family or Schitt's creek for the one thousandth time. You know all about it too well, but you like it nonetheless.

Yet another thing I do because of 'anyatha gatirnasti tvameva sharanam mama' is blogging. I know it is a completely useless task. But I continue to write silly little thoughts, because it reminds me that I do know some words and sentences and thoughts which are not self-deprecating, self indulgent or world-blamy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ಹೂಗಳು

ಎಮ್ಮೆ

Not for nation