I tried writing some Sanskrit grammar posts, then I tried translation of Viveka chudamani. Then suddenly excited I tried translating other, shorter works of Shankaracharya.

And now I am realizing I am much worse than a set of blind men trying to describe an elephant. First of all, I am not interested in that elephant. I am not exactly a religious person. (any religion!). 

Then why should I spend my precious 16 hours trying to translate deep philosophy I can't fathom or just namastuti which I certainly dislike. I need to give up and use that time in some good works like reading hateful twitter feeds or watching silly drama on Netflix. 

By the way, I did finish that book 'The grapes of wrath'. Wow! It's long time since we care to listen to such people who struggle to eat one meal or to feed their children. 

Once upon a time, there would plenty of such films in Kannada and Hindi. Poor hero with a blind mother and no food at home. Rich haughty heroine who insults and ill treats the hero and finally falls in love with him. 

But there aren't such films any more. Neither about poor people, nor about village people. 

But this book was not about a hero, but about a heroic family. Trying to survive, to stay alive during 1930s depression.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ಹೂಗಳು

ಎಮ್ಮೆ

Not for nation