Renunciation

It's really tough. And I am not talking about new year resolutions - now being the time of it. We are all well past that stage in life - only resolutions now we can hope for is staying alive - sadly, reluctantly. 

Tough is Sanskrit - and the poems in them - and philosophical works in them. I have taken up a difficult task of translating a work by Adi Shankaracharya called Viveka Chudamani into kannada. With 3 references and a constant online dictionary referral, it is difficult - both the concepts and the verses. 

So when I chanced upon Bhagavadgita in one of these sites - shlokam, along with word by word translation, I just browsed through 12th chapter. It was easier - much easier to understand. 

So greedily I started creating some images with Kannada script shloka and English translation - 14 of them were done before lunch time.

Then sanity prevailed. As I suspected, the world wide web is filled with translations, explanations, websites, apps on Bhagavadgita. So, my work would be wasted. 

I also downloaded an Kannada Gita app.  I should browse through this app, instead of shopping apps. Should is the operative word here. 

Anyways, about the 12th chapter - it is called Bhakti yoga. Devotion yoga. 

Krishna in these shlokas keeps on simplifying Bhakti - and finally says if you can't do anything else, just do your work in my name - renunciating the fruits of these works. Thank you lord, you know our struggle. 

See, I am doing my work and (as I know this work has no use whatsoever) I have renounced the phalapekshe - not expecting any returns from the work. I know this - being a blogger and also being a house-wife.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ಹೂಗಳು

ಎಮ್ಮೆ

Not for nation