Different times

Once upon a time, hamare zamane me, there was a saying about car owners - that they spend more time below it, than on it.  (repairing it). It was different times. 

But I can relate - in my laptop - my linux mint laptop, I spend a lot of time, ridiculously large amount of time,  trying to tweak its working. (Don't tell me, that is because I have no work to do. I know it. But don't tell me.)  Adding and removing software, stopping and starting services, and when as a result the machine wouldn't boot, installing the entire system again.

That  causes concern to my family members. So son bought me my mac book. Thinking that, being an apple product, it wouldn't let me tweak and then crash it. 

I believed so too. But who would want a life (virtual life) without any struggle?  When you have plenty of time - too much time to tinker around.  So I would keep this brand new computer aside and continued my struggle with Linux system.  

But now I have realized my friend command prompt in mac book lets you run any Linux command. May be not apt command to install or uninstall packages - but almost everything else. 

Save yourself, little shiny apple, I am coming for you.

In other news, my continued discussion about left and right, has revealed me something. The new right, newly empowered made selfishness, meanness, and strong dislike for 'others' cool.  In out times, it was cool and right  to  be compassionate, unselfish, tolerant and caring. Not that we were all that, but we acted like we were. 

Now we are outright arrogant, hateful, intolerant, uncaring. And are proud of these qualities. 

Different times.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ಹೂಗಳು

ಎಮ್ಮೆ

Not for nation