Prasanna Anjaneya Temple

Prasanna Anjaneya Temple In Ragigudda is one of the famous temples in Bangalore. The temple complex is quite huge and again the temple is constructed on a rock.

I knew it was Saturday and I expected a crowd. But the crowd was much much larger than expected.

The queue started almost from the road, it continued to the Ganesha temple, which I think is at the ground level and then it continued on marble steps to the main temple too. Even inside the temple we were shouted to move fast around the deities.

No time to breathe too - unless the queue is not moving.

Not my cup of tea? OK, some how I liked this act of devotion(!)  today.

 Last time, I had stood in such a large queue in a temple was 17-18 years ago, in Muscat. There on Shivarathri, there would be serpentine queues in front of the Shiva temple, growing longer and filling the roads.

If not direct heavenly abode, can I expect at least a reservation of a seat there for this hard, devotional act?

The main temple has shiva linga on left side, rama, sita, lakshmana idol on right side and Anjaneya in the center.

The temple is beautiful. Their website - the temple has a website too, told me that the it was constructed in 1969. So it is not one of the older temples.

May be because it is Hindu holy month of "Shravana", there was an  "anna santarpane" (lunch for devotees).

 One could pay any amount for tomorrow's santarpane, starting from as little as 5 rupees.


I
could not take any pictures. My efforts at taking a selfie with rock and mountain, was a failure. So was my effort in climbing the rock, next to the temple. It looked so steep and I was afraid. First time I am realizing how age is making me unfit.

So if you are in that area - Jayanagar 9th block, Central mall etc, this temple is worth a visit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ಹೂಗಳು

ಎಮ್ಮೆ

Not for nation