In support of snacking

My view is that the much maligned snacking has some real benefits too. 

a. It does not harm any one else. Either physically or emotionally. Unlike its substitutes like gossiping, poking fun of others or abusing others. I know, I know, these are very bad for those at the receiving end.

b. It stops your blues. At least for some time. And you do feel some what happy. May be 1%, but still happy. 

c. If you snack in enough quantity, it will usher your arch nemesis, but still much needed friend - sleep. You do get few hours of precious sleep. Which results in few hours of non-wretchedness.

What are its harmful effects, you ask? No, I am not doing that. Every Tom, Dick and Harry and your mother will tell you the ill-effects of stress eating. Let me not join them in admonishing you.

On serious notes, today after the afore mentioned snacking and resultant napping, I was still not OK. And then I did one wise thing. I installed candy crush and started playing it. I also installed few more brain games telling myself that I am not dumb - kehna padta hai.

Candy crush - the favorite of millions of people worldwide. I have seen middle aged women playing it in city busses. I have heard that even old uncles play it. 

It needs your involvement, but not too much smartness. It is non-violent - which is the reason women love it. 

Talking of mobile games, I installed a word game called 'Word tiles'. I think this will be an ideal game for kids. You have to swipe tiles to form words. But a new concept us used here, the words in each level belong to a unique category given by its title. And the themes are really pleasant. 

Yet another game I love is called puzzle page - which gives around 10 different daily puzzles which include cross word, sudoku, wordle and others (which means I don't know them). 

Coming back to snacking and then video gaming, why didn't I directly go to video game instead of snack? Good question. I will try to remember this next time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ಹೂಗಳು

ಎಮ್ಮೆ

Not for nation