History

Yesterday, I realized that my first android app was called Kannada Hindi keyboard. And I asked the mighty internet to give some info on it. As I know, it is better than me in keeping track of important stuff (and trivial too)

This is what I found. 

 

 

Not bad. Of course this is the version from Amazon website and its name is Akshara keyboard. That compelled me to look into amazon apps by me

Once upon a time, when I still thought I could monetize my apps, I tried uploading my app into various other sites and one of them was amazon. 

Since I am not maintaining those apps, the apps available in amazon site may not even get installed on your new device. - happened to me. 

The year was 1700. Of course, I am joking. It was 2012 or so. And I wanted to write an app - which will let me send Kannada sms. But how do I type Kannada. Those days android phones did not come with an option of Indian languages. So I meticulously wrote my first android app for typing in Kannada. And I added Hindi language also. 

Well, if you still want to see this keyboard in action - it is now called Lekhana and is available in google play store. 

Now, if you are a coder like me and are looking for ideas, here is a real productivity tool. Meant for senior citizens - the app can be talking reminder. "Now is the time to take your medicine - medicinename". "Today you have an appointment with Dr. his/hername ".

Either the senior or their children can set the reminders. Which means it needs the children to control the reminders too - some times that saves lot of energy. 

I can use one such app myself. "It is time to move your derriere and do little exercise/clean the house/cook a little something" etc. etc. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ಹೂಗಳು

ಎಮ್ಮೆ

Not for nation