T

 What's wrong with me? Starting the post with that sentence - that is what is wrong with me.

Anyways, what is wrong with me? Tea has become more like a ritual to me. Not drinking tea, but making one. I make a cup of tea (a small cup) and bring it, keep it slightly farther away and sit on my computer. Why? Do I not relish the warm cup of tea and its bitterness?

Bitterness - as spouse has diabetes, I was compelled to make sugarless tea for me (who even makes two half cups with different modes?). Then for awhile, I started adding artificial sweetener to his tea, but not mine. I didn't like its artificial taste. But some where in between I started disliking the sugared tea too. And I do not like the slightly bitter sugarless tea either. But I just about bear it - not fond of it. That's why I keep it away, occasionally glancing it with suspicious eyes and sipping it a little bit now and then and finally throwing the undrunk tea into the sink. I know as a home maker, I am not supposed to throw food - prepared by myself. But, that's how the relationship is. 

Halneeru - that is a substitute for tea in our region. Which is a much diluted hot milk with or without sugar. Normally children drink this as they are not supposed to drink tea. So do some adults who don't drink tea because of 'pitta' - the acidic nature of tea. How I hated strongly disliked this beverage (do I dare to call it a beverage)! But now I prepare this dilute milk for spouse in the evenings and drink with him - doesn't taste so bad after all. In comparison with bitter tea!

Coffee is alien to us. We don't prepare, and nor do we know how to prepare. Those who drink coffee, just boil the coffee powder with water and then add milk and sugar. And it tastes different - not at all like coffee. 

OK, let me bring the tea, keep it farther away and try to drink it. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ಹೂಗಳು

ಎಮ್ಮೆ

Not for nation