Kitchen tip

Ha, isn't it ludicrous? Me writing about kitchen tip is as appropriate as a politician writing about honesty and hard work.

Kitchen Tip : If you have a lot of oil left out after frying, store it in a pet bottle and use it for lighting diyas for God.

Backstory:    In the initial days of my friendship with net - was it 2000's?, I used to search for kitchen tips and save them in a file ! Imagine that! No, even then I wasn't a kitchen  person. Lack of awareness. I did not know back then, that there are million better ways, to kill time on  use  internet. 

    The second part of the title, is because mom (may be even my spouse) would be outraged if she reads this tip. Is it not sacrilageous to use used oil for God? Won't he(God),  be unhappy with her daughter and what if something bad happens to her?

      But my opinion is, no he will not be outraged. First of all, he won't be bothered. In fact, he will be glad that, at least I did (finally) light some diyas for him. 

     And even if he is worried , I can convince him, that this way I can contribute a little bit to recycling and Green revolution.

 If he is still  unhappy, I can tell him, that - I was kidding. This is a new blackish, oil with a new technology from China and aroma of which is supposed to be good for his health. 

      He may believe that. Even he knows Chinese are very ingenious.  I think of late he is getting little doubtful of his own omniscience. What with everybody else being omniscient with Google and Wikipedia and all.. (and now  a certain "w" university and youtube)

P.S. Not mom, but spouse forbade me from using used oil for diya for God. Now I use it stealthily when he is not around.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ಹೂಗಳು

ಎಮ್ಮೆ

Not for nation