Numeric philosophy? Sankhya darshana

 I was happily writing ashtavakragita translation. Then I went back and saw that my viveka chudamani translation was incomplete and in a bad shape. So started fixing it - most of the work I do is to change colors and fonts and add some links. And reading and confirming that I understand the words and they are typo free. 

Then some how I started reading about Sankhya philosophy. It appeared simpler and more non-abstract than advaita philosophy of Shankara. 

So I discontinued Chudamani too. And have been currently watching youtube shorts and cursing the day I was born.

And when I don't feel great due to any reason, I start to wonder - should I start my reciting again. Like all semi-believers, I try this clutch when I don't understand what to do. 

It is funny to be thinking about repeating some prayers verses in an unknown language while trying to understand Sankhya. Because though Sankhya is an astika(accepts the authority of Vedas) philosophy, it does not say there is a God. 

Look at this excerpt from the wikipedia page.

ದೇವರನ್ನು ಒಪ್ಪಿಕೊಂಡರೆ, ದೇವರು ಈ ಜಗತ್ತನ್ನು ಸ್ವಾರ್ಥಕ್ಕಾಗಿ ಮಾಡಿದನೋ, ಪರೋಪಕಾರಕ್ಕಾಗಿ ಮಾಡಿದನೋ? ಎಂಬ ಪ್ರಶ್ನೆ ಏಳುವುದು. ದೇವರು ಎಂದ ಮೇಲೆ ಸ್ವಾರ್ಥವಿಲ್ಲ. ಪರೋಪಕಾರಕ್ಕಾಗಿ ಮಾಡಿದನು ಎಂದರೆ, ದುಃಖಮಯವಾದ ಜಗತ್ತನ್ನು, ಸೃಷ್ಟಿಸಿ ಜೀವರುಗಳಿಗೆ ನರಳಿಸುವ ಕೆಲಸವನ್ನು ಮಾಡಲು ಸಾಧ್ಯವೇ? ಎಂದರೆ ಸಾದ್ಯವಿಲ್ಲ ಎಂದು ನಿರ್ಣಯ . ದೇವರು ಕರುಣಾಲುವಾದರೆ ಸೃಷ್ಟಿ ಸಾಧ್ಯವಿಲ್ಲ, - ಎಲ್ಲರೂ ಸುಖಿಗಳಗುವಂತೆ ಸೃಷ್ಟಿಸುತ್ತಿದ್ದನು. ಕರ್ಮವೇ ದುಃಖಕ್ಕೆ ಕಾರಣವೆಂದರೆ ಸೃಷ್ಟಿಗೆ ಕರ್ಮವೇ ಕಾರಣವೆನ್ನಬೇಕು ; ಈಶ್ವರನ ಅವಶ್ಯಕತೆ ಇಲ್ಲ. ಹಾಗಾಗಿ ಪ್ರಪಂಚವನ್ನು ವಿವರಿಸಲು, ಪುರುಷ-ಪ್ರಕೃತಿ ತತ್ವಗಳೇ ಸಾಕು . 
 

 Then I tried reading and understanding the concepts. After failing, I tried youtube videos in all three languages I know. Finally I used the step wise people use - I googled sankhya reddit and got a good article now I am going some where.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ಹೂಗಳು

ಎಮ್ಮೆ

Not for nation