Transition

Yesterday I was a carefree young woman enjoying living life. Today I am an old lady who should think twice before sitting, standing or walking, and shiver at the thought of climbing stairs. Yesterday I was boasting how I rarely take any medicines except for an occasional Crocin which is a cure-all according my belief. Today I need to swallow a long list of medicines before going to bed.

How did that happen? How did I age so suddenly?

Till yesterday, in-spite of people giving me some kind of respect reserved only for age, in-spite of the knowing too well that I am fifty plus and am old, I did not feel old. I could walk when I want, I could dance if I wanted to or I could jump if I wanted to. Not that I did any of these things.

Now suddenly, age, or as was said in epic TV serial Mahabharatha, "Kal" has caught up with me. Today if I walk for 5 minutes, my knees hurt. If I sit with my knee bent below the desk, my knees hurt. If I start singing a song, one of my ears hears it in a different frequency and different time frame.( I hope at least the ear condition is due to some infection and hence temporary. I can not afford to lose the one and only fan of my singing :) )

So now you say, here comes the preaching - dance, walk, jump when you can etc.

No, I am not going to preach. I just wish for a time machine, so that I can go back in time and do all these things when I could.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ಹೂಗಳು

ಎಮ್ಮೆ

Not for nation