Outwards

I am an insomniac. Have been for quite some years.
What I have observed lately is listening to some audio lets me fall asleep.
Doesn’t matter what that audio is. It can be some spiritual audio or technical or even Ted talk. The question arises- what is the reason behind this phenomenon?

We all have so many problems- unsolvable, unfathomable and some times completely non-existant. We think and worry and dissect and imagine so many scenarios endlessly.  These demons attack us so much that it is unbearable.

What an audio does is it tells us that there is a world outside of ourselves too. And our minds calms down and invites sleep.

Many of these self help books and articles keep telling us that we have to reserve some “me” time. Let me tell you something else - we need the opposite. We need to reserve only an hour a day as me time and the rest as “anything but me time”.

Do you agree?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ಹೂಗಳು

ಎಮ್ಮೆ

Not for nation