newbies and pundits

I look at my chrysanthemum plant. Amid withered leaves there is semi circle of a flowerish thing unwilling to lift its head. I think who ordered half a flower? Sorry, sorry, I shouldn’t be rude to bhu matha. But why half a flower? 

Then I look at how Margaret Atwood describes similar situation. “The orange tulips come out all crumpled like stragglers from some returning army”.

Of course pundits are pundits. 

Coming back to plants in my garden, I can work with them unlike the narrator in her book. I water the plants religiously, remove weeds grudgingly. And some day I will also sprinkle the fertiliser, I have kept ready. I keep moving the plants from sun to shade and back to Sun. Leave hundred flowers as shown in some YouTube video, at least one or two? Instead I get half a flower? 

I think the only way to survive this situation is to plant only non flowering, non fruiting(!) plants.  So that I can say it is (doing nothing is) a “feature” of these plants. (And they have learnt it from me. )

Post script:
Do plants read? More importantly would they read my blog? 

Because today the same half flower has lifted its head and staring at me defiantly. Her untold words were “you call me half a flower. You may be big enough for two humans. But you are half human. Your eyes, ears, legs are functioning with assistance. Your brain, I don’t even want to start that topic. And you dare to call me half a flower” 

Uf.  we can’t talk to anyone these days.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ಹೂಗಳು

ಎಮ್ಮೆ

Not for nation