to read Atwood or not

I watched slightly serious Netflix show yesterday called “Alias Grace”.

The serial is based on book by Canadian author Margaret Atwood. 

The story is of 19th century and is of a servant girl, who was ill treated by everyone from childhood. At the age of 16, she is accused of killing her master and house keeper with the help of another servant. She spends next 30 years in prison and mental asylum where she is tortured. A psychiatric doctor listens to her story to determine whether she is innocent.

This is third story by Atwood I am coming across in recent times.

And instead of feeling happy because I was watching some serious because I watch Netflix  to forget and escape. Not to feel sad again 

Atwood’s books are wonderful tales of wretched lives. They are so terribly sad that we feel like  running away somewhere and cry out loudly. 

As Ted says in “how I met your mother “, I am too old for such tales,  I don’t need such  things in reel life, not distopia.  I need Stories which inspire hope. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ಹೂಗಳು

ಎಮ್ಮೆ

Not for nation