No-tilus

 Who doesn't love nautilus? Correction, which ubuntu user doesn't love nautilus? We all do, more so if we are unable to use it. For all those Windows users, nautilus is the GUI file manager in Linux.

From time to time, when I get bored of writing very very trivial codes in HTML and js, I try to tinker and that always leaves me in trouble, lot of trouble. 

Yesterday, I was able to open the file manager. And worried, I tried running the command nautilus. It told me some tracker something dot so is missing.  What is this tracker file? Why does the file manager needs that? Don't know.

Next started an hour long struggle. I tried reinstalling nautilus. My package manager said, it can not do that as it is not downloadable. I tried purging nautilus and reinstalling it. Purging it happily did, but not installing again. Broken packages. 

With an hour of hard work, I was finally able to install a working nautilus and now I love it. 

Lesson learnt is when you blindly rm some files - even if you are enraged, backup them and make a not.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ಹೂಗಳು

ಎಮ್ಮೆ

Not for nation