Last laugh

 The dress was lying on the washing machine for 24 days. Before that it was hanging on bathroom rod for 48 days. Why? Because I had decided to cut the long sleeves short. 

I buy the long sleeve kurtas often. Because that’s what is available. Some fashion experts might have decided that Indian women need long sleeved top wear. May be they are justified too, as some of us tend to be slightly hirsute and we do not believe in waxing. 

So I buy these long sleeved kurtas and wear them sweating and swearing. But the clothes I wear at home can be modified. Should be modified. What with summer approaching and bright happy sun glaring at us the entire day. 

So I even read an instructable on how to shorten your sleeves. And was waiting for some free time. No, not free time, but motivation. 

So yesterday that wonderful moment did arrive. I cut the sleeves, restitched the ends and washed. All ready to wear today.

And today, in the middle of summer there is fog in the morning and the weather is colder. 

He always likes to have the last laugh. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ಹೂಗಳು

ಎಮ್ಮೆ

Not for nation