Books ?

 My "experiments" with books is going on a bumpy road - in typical Bangalore traffic style. I progress 10 steps and then I am stopped for days (by me-self).

After successfully finishing 3 books, I took up Sartre - Nausea. Which obviously was a wrong step for one who is so much corrupted by Netflix and other internet ills. The narrator in this book is trying to analyze or research into the life of a 18th century politician while struggling with some kind mental trauma - nausea. 

When I realized story and my reading of this book is progressing as much as the life of a house-wife in lock-down, I gave it up and took John Updike's Run Rabbit. 

But Rabbit is running away. Is he running away from his wife, his life or from himself? Not a good choice. And then I read some bad reviews in goodreads. So the book had to be given up. May be I will take it up some time when my mind in tranquil - it was a joke. 

Now I have picked a book by Chinua Achebe. Hopefully this will be readable book - which means more eye catchy than a Netflix show or a mindless youtube video.  A tough call.

But I am reading may be 10 minutes each day. And am literally taken to another world in another time. Izulule (I am certainly spelling it wrong) is a village head in an African village. He takes care of his village - I think half of which comprises of his wives and his offspring. Joking aside, his daughter from one wife brings him his meals. His son beats his son in law because he had hurt his sister. And the villagers of this son in law come and complain to Izulule saying that they do not mind beating, but why did he have to bring the boy to this village. Izulele convinces them that he should not have beaten his wife. 

The scenery is very different. The people are very different and the names are un-pronouncable. But different is good. 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ಹೂಗಳು

ಎಮ್ಮೆ

Not for nation