Witness

I would always find the peoples' passion in getting offended on behalf of God - any God, ridiculous. If we look at it rationally, the "almighty" God, can he not take care of himself and if necessary punish those who "offend" him? So, why are these mortals doing that work for him, snatching that satisfaction from him?

But now I realized, I am doing a similar mistake. I am getting offended for minorities, opposition leaders, oppressed people and even black people. The last type of people  I have interacted only through television. How is their plight my concern in any way?

There are exploiters and there are exploited. If the exploited can't figure out a way to come out of oppression - it is their fault. So I don't come in the picture in any way. And I shouldn't.

And I shouldn't say it is my country, I have a right to protest about injustices in my country. After sitting isolated, and so far away. 

So people, if you want oppress, oppress. If you want to get oppressed, do get oppressed. I am just "samay" (as in the famous tele-serial Mahabharat), I watch as just a witness.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ಹೂಗಳು

ಎಮ್ಮೆ

Not for nation