A room with a view

No, I am not referring to any classic novels of any kind. I am just talking about my own room. Oh, sorry, that book by Virginia Woolf is called Room of one's own. Not anything do with a view. 

I am just talking about the rooms here in this home.

Though the current apartment I am residing is insanely small, it has views. In two    bedrooms and the kitchen and the living room balcony. All have large windows, facing the empty sky. And the elevation helps too. If our house was few stories lower, view would be that of some one else's window.

And I get to see some great slide shows from these windows. When I am not looking at my digital pixels, that is. The sky when it is not gray -which is very rare, will have some wonderful hues with clouds adding a nice background. Orangish in the morning to slightly purplish in the evening, there will be a full range of colors. Pity, I can't name any of them. (In that aspect also I am unfeminine. I just the names of rainbow colors and black and white.)







First few days, I would voraciously click the sun-rises in my mobile. Until I realized that, what I capture in the phone is of very inferior in quality when compared to  the actual scene. 

But for earthly objects, these mobile cameras make things prettier than they actually are. Our faces for example. 

May be mobiles are jealous of sky and clouds.  How dare they snatch the attention of mortals away from all exciting shiny little screens? Even if it is for a few nano seconds?

The views can also be deceptive. I often see the sun shining very generously on far away buildings. Why does the sun not shine on my home? Or if he does shine, do I ever know about it, unless the house starts glowing inside? 

No, the sun will be clouded by ominous clouds most of the time. Until it is almost time for sun-set. Then for a few minutes there he will grudgingly give out some light, then adieu, it is time for him to go.

But the moon, is another matter. He showers us with his light many many days. Now as I am writing, he is peeping from outside the window. Visible directly to the chair I am sitting. Consoling me for the sun's absence. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ಹೂಗಳು

ಎಮ್ಮೆ

Not for nation