Art therapy - part last

Well, at some point of time, some one needs to point out to me that I am not artistically inclined, or in other words - artistically challenged. Until that time, I keep wasting precious hours doing what I imagine to be art and craft - which are for the lack of better word eyesores. 

The other day, I made a cushion cover from a blouse piece. ( why has the tradition of giving blouse pieces still sustaining, when 90% of newer generation women and at least 70% of our generation have stopped wearing sarees except for marriages). That was quite simpler. What was tricky was how do I make it prettier. On one I embroidered a star shape using sashiko. On another I block printed. 

Intoxicated by two successes, I started by next project. Painting a grocery bag. What should I paint on it? Simple flowers, a geometric shape, or some abstract lines? I browsed on Pinterest. But that place is an ocean filled with such beautiful designs and ideas. Unable to decide and frustrated, I left it for the time being. 

Then in the evening, I couldn’t withstand the tension any more. I started with an abstract painting. On a cloth which was difficult to paint, with eyes who can’t see very well in the night and with broken brushes. Aren’t all great achievers had obstacles like this.

The end product was an abomination. My sister has told me that we have to look at our paintings from a distance of few feet. She is a wonderful artist, draws and paints beautifully.  I stood few feet away, then even farther, even farther, finally outside the room. Nope, it was still looking ugly. 

So I don’t give up but give myself these disappointments. But what can I do, I have plenty of time to kill.

And no, I will not add that picture in this post.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ಹೂಗಳು

ಎಮ್ಮೆ

Not for nation