Big Indian festival

 They sure know how to hurt a lady’s feelings. I am talking about e-commerce websites.

When ever there is a festival - and aren’t there so many, these sites start announcing dhamaka sale. All of them, starting on same day. And they start shouting about these sales, as if they have either found a solution to environmental problem or current problem- COVID.

Even though we very well know how unprofitable, ineffective, useless  these are- we can’t stop the instinct  which is hard wired in us. We start meticulously browsing the sites and planning what different rooms in the house need, what different people in the house need and what we need. If we had studied this hard during our 12th/PUC exam, we would all have been IITians.

But here is the twist - how I am different from others. I am not an aam admi nor Aam aurat. I am kanjoos. By birth, by marriage and by continued practice. So I browse for not popular items or exclusive items. I sort using ascending order - yeah cheapest first. But then such cheap products - look cheap, will be red or some other bright color, very bad pattern and of quite low quality. And then I look at good dresses - for which I have to pay through my nose. By the way, how does one pay through the nose? Can’t imagine how this phrase came into practice. 

Then I decide I have enough dresses for my daily walks. As far as kitchen utensils are concerned, my hidden brain temporarily comes out and tells me “ remember how you struggle to make place for existing vessels”. 

Then big appliances - I do not look at them at all. They will not below 400, so out of question. 

Thus surfing for some 2-3 hours, I close the tablet and go to some other place. 

But finally some thing good came out of it today. When I saw colourful coasters on sale, I remembered my own 20 year old coasters. They are made of wooden beads, which means I can refurbish them by painting them. An aha moment.

So every cloudy sky has a silver lining. May be microscopic- but silver lining nonetheless. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ಹೂಗಳು

ಎಮ್ಮೆ

Not for nation