Finally finished my 12th book of the year - "Olive Again" by Elizabeth Strout. I am happy. because a) it is not hundreds of years old b) it is actually good.


So it is the story of an aged person called Olive and her struggles with life and old age. Aha, can I relate to that.

When I was reading a chapter where she struggles with her son's family visiting her, I could clearly see myself in future. Daughter in law with a fake smile, hostile grand children, son trying to some how balance these people. 

And then the final destination - no, I am not talking about your heaven or hell. I am not a believer in myths. 

The old age home. She finally accepts her frailty and agrees to stay in an assisted living for elderly people.  

Again I can relate to that and feel that this day is not very far at all. 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ಹೂಗಳು

ಎಮ್ಮೆ

Not for nation