Yesterday, I was tired - my brain was tired. So I tried the usual thing I do to divert and relax my brain - the scrabble app, the wordle unlimited. Nope, they weren't working. Then I went to twitter. And I could engage myself.

Because social media like twitter, facebook are easy. Unless you are social media expert hired by a company for their product advertisement. 

You don't need any brain. You just need your eyes. You just keep scrolling, and clicking heart button or emojis if they are allowed. You keep scrolling, keep scrolling - sky is the limit. And adding your bit of venom to this already fractured society.

Social media have realized that hate is what makes posts engaging rather than love. And they want more and more interactions, so they propagate such divisive posts instead of removing them. 

And at this rate, the day is not far away when all of us have to walk on the streets with talwar or gun or some weapon of our choice. Because we are  made to feel angry at so many people of other religions, other colours, other political ideologies.

Yes, this is what our freedom fighters  wanted for our country which they built by sacrificing their lives.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ಹೂಗಳು

ಎಮ್ಮೆ

Not for nation