Kusumakara

 God has infinite names. At least our Hindu God has. And one of them is Kusumakara.

I was intrigued by this name.  Kusuma is a girl's name - old style name. Like Pushpa.But  Kusuma in Sanskrit means flower. kara is hand. Kusumakara means one who is holding a flower. 

But we thought God was holding this earth. 

Why on the earth is God holding the flower? May be to give it to his Goddess (or an apsara, but let us assume that he wants to give it to goddess- his wife goddess, for god's sake.)   

Our God might say " As the children say on that planet earth, will you be, er.. my.... er... valentine. I am not sure what this valentine. I assume it is something like priyatama. But sounds more cool. I know, I know what you will say. 'You can't even get a proper gift. Look at all other Gods.  You are so useless'. But you see, I wanted to give you a rose. But all the roses are taken away by the kids. With lot of difficulty, I finally saw a rose in a garden. When I was about to pluck it, a young man snatched it and ran with it to his valentine. So I have brought this mundane flower called nitya pushpa. But I promise you, next year I will get an entire rose garden ( I will take Hanuma's help and bring the whole garden or even whole garden city here). So please accept my humble gift and be my valentine" 


 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ಹೂಗಳು

ಎಮ್ಮೆ

Not for nation