Empty

 I googled empty nest boredom. Wow, ask a silly question, and sure you will get sillier answers.

 The articles - there were plenty, said I should exercise, talk to people, volunteer, craft. Really? Is this your great suggestion?  Could not I have guessed any of these myself?

Volunteer? Do these people think we are some rich women who have money to throw around - hire a cab, go do some social service for few hours, come back in a cab. Paisa  kaun dega? I don't have a secret garden, growing money in it.

And please, do not start to ask me to ride my two wheeler. No I am not worried about petrol price - I will do my bit of patriotism, too. But do you think it is my age to drive around in a two wheeler - on Bangalore roads? What will happen to my hands, my seat?

And  you suggest craft? Did I not try many of them and give up? After realizing, that these fingers can handle keyboards, not crochet needles or a paint brushes.

So, little bit of cooking. Spending more time in kitchen? But what do I cook - which is not harmful for diabetes, for obesity, which does not cause bloating or acid reflex? Not many choices left.

And even if I cook some nice recipes each day, how much do I cook? And how on the earth can two of us finish these dishes? 

My cooking and serving vessels have become smaller and smaller. Soon I may even use vessels from children's toy kitchen. Still there will be so much food left over. Almost every day.

I can't give this left over food to my domestic help. As I have been hiring and firing them like an unsuccessful startup. And do the people here eat oue rice and sambar? Because people in this area are not from Bangalore. Inside our building, most people are from north of Vindhya. Outside population is mostly from Hosur, I guess. So much so that, I need to ask 'Kannada baratta' to most people and feel thankful if they say yes. 

I can't possibly give the left over food to cows. I don't think they prefer their food from 'sky'. And if I go down from my upparige all the way to the gate of my building to give gograsa to cows, building people may give me stranger than usual looks. 

So there aren't many time pass options for us - middle class women with khali goodu. May be blogging. 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ಹೂಗಳು

ಎಮ್ಮೆ

Not for nation