Only murders

 There are certain devices which need friction in order for them to function. Am I right? And I am such a device.

For what one and a half hour, I was just lazily and mindlessly browsing pinterest and e-commerce websites. Not doing anything, and not wanting to do anything. 

But then she called. The all too important, all too powerful domestic help. I didn't even wait for her to complete the sentence that due to some problem she won't be coming. I sprung into action.

If you have guessed that I started with zeal, anger and passion my chores - which I normally outsource to my help, you can't be more wrong. Instead of taking up a broom and a mop, I got ready, went for a walk, came back, took my laptop out of its hibernation and started my work. 

I needed that resistance. And I do not want to bi**h about domestic helps and the constant difficulties we face because of them. I know how utterly ridiculous that is. I may talk about this with my neighbors though, they are not as woke as you people are. 

Coming back to my work, I have been religiously watching Murders only in the apartment . OK, religious is not the accurate word here, but binge watching is.


So the story is different. There are two old men Ramesh and Dinesh let us call them. (I forget their names) living in a huge apartment complex in Newyork. And there is a girl Maya. They meet each other in the lift one day and are snobby to each other as the residents of these apartments tend to be. And in comes another man who is busy talking over the phone about some missed delivery.

Soon after there is a death in the building - of this man Dharmesh - apparently suicide. And then there is some kind of meeting for his eulogy. Where each resident tells how much they hated him. But they all were very sad about the death of a cat Amita the same night. 

But these three people - old men and girl do not believe Dharmesh killed himself. Haven't they seen him just hours ago in the lift where he looked nothing like a man about to kill himself.

They are also fans of a real crime podcast. So they decide to create their own podcast about the murder of Dharmesh.

There is a background story too. Dharmesh was a childhood friend of Maya and they used to play together and do their own 'Hardy boys' detective work, when ever Maya came to visit her aunt. Yes, the apartment is her aunt's. She is here just to look after the renovation of it. 

But now they- Maya and Dharmesh have lost touch. After the death of their mutual friend Chanda - who slipped and fell to death from the terrace of this building 10 years ago.

And there is money problems too.  Dinesh is director of TV shows, but is currently having no projects in hand and is broke. He visits his son and begs him for some money but does not get any.

OK. I need to finish it soon so that I can religiously search of some other unwatched show from OTT platforms.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ಹೂಗಳು

ಎಮ್ಮೆ

Not for nation