Hundred

I had some idea in my mind - about a blog post - slightly poetic - very much political. But in Hindi. The words stuck in my mind were Hindi. 

It started some thing like this - Ham muft me bantenge - ghar ghar me - gaon gaon me - shahar shahar me - muft me bantenge - nafrat bantenge.

But I decided against writing it because a) it was in Hindi - which is neither my mother tongue nor a language I am fluent at. b) And most importantly, this is not a time for political posts. Ham to kayar hain hi.

It is funny how the words which came to mind were Hindi. I read English, watch most series in English,  speak Kannada. But I think some things in Hindi. Very strange.

 I tried translating them to Kannada without much success.

Ok, today's post is not about all those useless things. It is about a serial called Hundred. No, I am not writing about my math puzzle app called Hundred now called Shataka which no one likes, no one comments, no one installs. 

I am talking about a Hindi series in Hotstar called Hundred. It is reasonably good.


It's the story of two strong, courageous women, struggling in man's world. Of Shobha who is a DCP in Mumbai police, a very efficient officer, but who is being used as a show piece in the department. Of Nethra, a poor girl working in a government department and is  taking care of her family and does not and can not have a life of her own. 

Two women who are so different meet by chance in not a very happy occasion. Nethra has come to know that she has a malignant brain tumor in advanced stage and has only 100 days to live (hence the name). 

Heart broken, shocked and terrified Nethra goes to a bar. Yes, women can also drink their sorrows out like men, instead of crying rivers of Ganga, Yamuna. At least, it happens in modern day TV serials. 

Being tipped about a narcotics smuggler Shobha mistakes Nethra for smuggler. After misunderstandings get cleared, listening to her story, Shobha tells her she can live her life or what is left of her life, according to her own rules and gives her visiting card. 

Is she recruiting this poor girl for selfish purposes? May be. But fear not, Nethra is not some innocent babe in the woods to be so easily exploited. 

Together they solve a kidney racket, bust a drug factory, etc, etc. At some point, Nethra realizes that she does not have cancer, and Shobha knowingly has hidden this fact from her. 

What is different in this series, is people are portrayed realistically. And the dialogues are well written. 

And we certainly we need more female oriented stories in TV.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ಹೂಗಳು

ಎಮ್ಮೆ

Not for nation