Klutz

 In TV serials, women with some devious motives, spill some liquid on the floor and then apologize profusely, saying 'Oh, sorry, what a klutz I am'.

But I don't need any devious motives to be klutzing. I keep spilling something or the other in the kitchen on a daily regular basis. It's not for even lack of confidence.

 It would be ridiculous to even use that phrase, after almost thirty years in the kitchen, wouldn't it? 

Just yesterday I spilled almost half a liter of milk. But it was not exactly my fault though. I kept milk for boiling and left it alone, to pursue my other important work (netflixing). And milk never likes the idea of being left alone - on the stove. It spilled, and spilled and spilled all over the kitchen platform and floor and everywhere. May be it wanted to send a very happy message - see how prosperous our town, state and country is. Good old, patriotic milk!

Took me an hour to clean the mess. 

Last week it was the turn of sambar - curry. I managed to drag the vessel filled with sambar to the floor with my shirt sleeve. (It's an art, I can teach you, if you want.) Luckily for my limbs, it was not exactly at boiling point. 

Few months ago, the object was cooking oil. Worst nightmare! I opened the sachet of oil and instead of pouring it into its container, poured it on the floor. By mistake, by mistake. 

Don't remind me the effort it took to clean that sticky oil from everywhere. 

This is the exact reason, we Indians don't prefer carpeted floors. Imagine what would have happened- to me - if I had spilled the said oil on the carpet! I couldn't have thrown it away - being Indian and all. I couldn't have cleaned it - as I am not a magician.

I know, being very bad at the one and the only job I do, is nothing to boast about. 

But today it flashed to me - in a moment of  sakshatkar - self realization. When I switched of the stove of dosa pan when I realised that I dipped the wrong spoon in the batter. It's panic spiral. When some thing goes wrong, I start getting nervous, angry and can't exactly keep my head, and can't control my limbs. 

Yes, if we think hard enough, we can find excuses for any of our mistakes.  

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ಹೂಗಳು

ಎಮ್ಮೆ

Not for nation