My android apps

When did I last visit google play store? Must have been ages. I am leaving my coding life behind. 

So in google play store, I have published 9 android apps. Not famous, not famous at all. 

I started my coding with Kannada keyboard called Lekhana keyboard . This app lets you type in Kannada, Hindi or English. Sounds very primitive and redundant. As most phones now ship with all Indian language keyboards. But back when I started this, google did not have Indian language keyboards. 

Any ways, my keyboard has transliteration also and has autosuggest. 

Then there was another app called Indian newspapers and magazines - now no longer present. Here is the link from some corner of internet . It had links to multiple papers/magazines of many Indian languages using their RSS feeds. 

It was an interesting and amusing - testing the app which showed content in a language I could not read at all. 

But then there were plenty of copyright restrictions on RSS feeds. So it was not useful to add the papers, which would not open, or is behind a paywall. And the end result is, this app is now defunct. 

Next came the app memorypro. Well, I have seen people playing memory with playing cards. I thought why not use the same concept with words and number. Display them for a while and then let the user select these words and numbers in the same order. 

It was neither good looking, nor very intuitive. So I tweaked and added one more feature where display some squares lit in a grid for a few seconds and then hide them. This with nice background music was better. 

But again, this app was not original. Try and see for yourself.

        

Then I started these tech apps - C, C++, Data structures, Java and Linux. All these apps have objective and descriptive questions with solutions and explanations. 

Yet another app Shataka is something I love. Shataka in Sanskrit means hundred. Some of you must have used that term for the cricket centuries you were cheering. 

So the aim of this game is to get a total of hundred in each row, each column of 3 by 3 grid. Some of the numbers will be given - just like in the game of Sudoku. Well, I haven't seen another app like this.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ಹೂಗಳು

ಎಮ್ಮೆ

Not for nation