Qui scribit bis legit

I have been busy (ha ha) writing posts on Sanskrit. Which means I have caught hold of yet another Sanskrit text book. I take lines, verses and even exercises from there and write them as my own. Something to fill my days and my ever-busy brain.

And I am listening to an audible book - Autobiography of a yogi. Did not have a good impression. Some how felt like lot of lies. Pardon me, I am not a very gullible credulous person to begin with. If a person starts talking about some kind of super knowledge in childhood, that feels too much. 

Anyways, the style may be better in English. I am listening to Hindi version. 

I completed Wings of Fire by our late president Abdul Kalaam. Liked it immensely. Let me try to listen to it again. Along with a great style by a great person, the audio book also has some classical music pieces in intervals. 

I did take a very long time to read/listen, then again try to read a work by Dostovsky - The Idiot. Some how, I didn't have the words to even write a blog post about the book. I liked it immensely. Funnily enough, that seems to be case with many of the books I read now. Like the book Bugess boys by Elizabeth Strout. 

May be the bar has been lowered to a considerable level due to OTT serials. Or the bored brain is absorbing greedily any good material it can.  

And I am trying to write at least one chapter of Ashtavakragita on a day. Which should have been quite easy as many of these chapters have less than 10 shlokas and I do have a printed book with word by word translation. I honestly don't remember when and where I bought the book. 

Happy reading and writing to me in 2024. After completing 11 out 30 books this year!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ಹೂಗಳು

ಎಮ್ಮೆ

Not for nation