Hover and dfn

 So I pledged - is there a simpler word for it - I pledged that I will read 12 books in this year. Considering I had 30 in last year's target and could complete only 11, I have accepted defeat. 

Currently the book is Brooklyn - a book by Irish author Colm Toibin. It's about an Irish girl moving to America for work. So far, it's good. The protagonist is a young girl who surprisingly managing her life in a new country. 

Then an idea stuck me - why don't I create pages with Sanskrit quizzes - pattern would be same. I can even add an intro page for each quiz. With sentences, meanings, glossary and multi-choice questions. How will that be?

Imagine duolingo - without all the images - without help for word when we click on them. But I can add hover action for each word in each sentence. But may not be image. And it will just be initial phase. It can evolve into something better and beautiful. How about that? (Dear blogger - an app I am using for journaling corrects my words, when I jumble the letters. Why don't you?)

So mission Sanskrit it is. Eh?

Well, mission accomplished, dears. I am able to put meanings to Sanskrit words - on hover. Here is my first page with that effort. 

Next will be entire lessons based on this. I may need time. Mera paas to time hi time hai. 

Postscript: If something seems too easy, don't fall for it. There is always a trap. Either because of your impatience or because of your carelessness. 

So I happily added definitions - is it definations or definetions, I added them to Sanskrit words in my old blog post using simple HTML tag <defn title ="my meaning here">sanskrit word</defn>. And all was well, I was getting hover effects - in my blog post. So I was excited, I need not create git pages may be, I thought. 

Now 2 hours later, (after 2 hours of youtube shorts ), I realize the tag itself is wrong. I should have used <dfn>. If it was wrong, how did the page work in the browser. Is it because of title attribute? I will try title attribute for foobar. Let me see.

Hey I am foobar. Hover on me.  

Yeah, that was it.  It was the title attribute. I don't know whether this silly thing  works only in blogger or any html page.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ಹೂಗಳು

ಎಮ್ಮೆ

Not for nation