Reading...

 Ha, talk of over confidence. I have started blogging about Viveka chudamani.

Well, you can also call it an oversight. When I started the project, I didn't realize that book has 580 shlokas in all. I thought, these shlokas are in Sanskrit, and of course I can borrow them from net. No need to type too. Translations - you get plenty in net.

So I thought. 

Wrong. Formatting the text was least of my problems. Translations - there are few sites where I obtained verse by verse translations - but all of them identical. Come on, where is the diversity? And the help I need in writing my kannada translation? 

Any ways, this is obviously better than searching Netflix for new shows and realizing there aren't any worthwhile shows. And suits me too. A 60 year old, writing about philosophy is right. But 60 year old watching silly standup comedies and guffawing ! So wrong! If that person is female.

Any way, let me take a breather from that "self realization" and be me for some time. 

Did I tell you I started reading Bhagavata purana? Why? No, not to be condescending about it. When I can read or try to read some philosophy by Western philosopher, why not Indian holy book? And puranas are not like upanishat - they are easier to fathom. (I can't digest some of the classiest castiest sexist remarks in those though. But of course, that was altogether a different time). And some where it says a week of reading that book will give me mukti. 

Mukti from ? My kitchen :)? My Life? From the cycle of death and rebirth? Or direct svarga prapti? 

No, the book does not answer my question. 

Let us wait and watch.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ಹೂಗಳು

ಎಮ್ಮೆ

Not for nation