Gatherer

History says we were all hunter gatherers, once upon a time. 

We still are. I am. 

Didn't you collect leaves, pebbles, yarns, match boxes and such things when you were a child? Yes, but that habit never left me.

Things I gather! I gather loads of clothes - like my clan (gender). Which I never wear - I need to save them for special occasion! But how many sets can I wear on my dying day? Or carry them - for that matter. 

I gather colors - painting bottles - for the crafts I may some day craft. Which more often dry up than get used. 

I gather little kitchen tools - if I decide I want to use my culinary skills properly, or improve them. Yes, like that day will ever come.

I gather books - both printed and digital. I may one day read them. Really.

I even gather source codes - computer, android programming pieces, articles, entire zip files. So that one fine day, I may take up this coding projects. And actually complete them. And give them back to git. 

Does this show some kind of insecurity in me - rather than obvious greediness and laziness. Yes, my mother has introduced me to this kannada term -  kollubakutana - shopoholic. 

When one shops, it gives some kind of solace - aha, now I own this new thing. There is some excitement in this. 

For all my greediness and gathererness, I am one of the badly dressed women in my age and in my relatives. But I have noticed that when I am out to buy, I try to select the cheapest product available. Never beyond 1000 rupees. What if it does not last?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ಹೂಗಳು

ಎಮ್ಮೆ

Not for nation