Philosophize

 It all started with podcasts, the audio equivalent of youtube videos anyone and everyone is starting. Earlier these podcasts were just my sleeping pills. Now they help me the entire day - to cope with tasks I don't want to do. 

One such podcast was philosophize this. The podcaster kept on explaining various philosophers - most of them western. Me, who is hooked to dramas in Netflix and silly standups in youtube surprisingly found these episodes interesting. Because they were tiny bites. 

But then I thought enough of just hearing the names - let me try to read the books by these authors. Wrong. A very wrong step indeed. 

I downloaded an audio book by Kant - Some Reason . Many of his books deal with reason. There must be a reason behind that. Anyways. As always I am listening to the book and walking. I didn't understand one single word of this book. Sorry, I understood words, but not sentences.

Will some body explain to me various philosophies? Please? Then I thought let me understand our own philosophy first. Bhagawad gita - Ah, too many books, shlokas and articles. May be Vedanta. 

Well I was lucky, I found an online free course on Basic Vedanta from some  website. Very good. With all the initial eagerness typical of most of us, I joined it and started watching videos. 

I was disappointed. The narrator was tedious, and repetitious and on the whole  uninteresting. Remember they are competing with the brain addicted to Netflix. 

But I still watched 3 videos and then gave it up. Searched for some books. No, not my cup of tea. Even searched for videos in Kannada. 

I came to the conclusion that a) philosophy can't be self learnt b)you need a very good teacher (video) c)do I need to struggle so much to realize that everything is meaningless?

By the way, there is some university lecture series on Kant's philosophy I need to continue. And I will end my post here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ಹೂಗಳು

ಎಮ್ಮೆ

Not for nation