Spiteful language

 Google decided that the preferred development language for its apps will be kotlin. Why?  ok, these companies want to change. Not the world into a better place. ( which I think is impossible for even brahma). Something like a logo (you know meta,right?) or a development language.

They say Kotlin is better than Java. But any language is better than bloated, inefficient Java. C is better than Java. Does that mean I should arm myself against segmentation fault again?

It is a scripting language and doesn’t need semi colon at the end of every line. That is the only pro of this language. 

But as one is expected to do, I embraced this new language grumbling and swearing. And laboriously, line by line changed my old code to kotlin. Ok, I used a command for conversion, but then it needed very many corrections.

Now my silly little laptop rejects to build app, if written in kotlin. You think I have a  syntax error? This project  is a silly hello world project auto generated by IDE. 

And the best part is, the cryptic error messages like

Unable to find org.something.somethingelse.this.is.endless.file. 

What the hell is that file and who told you to find that file, gradle? I sure didn’t. 

Please build my project I begged grade. Or tell me clearly what is the error. I will stack overflow it. “You are old” it said. That should not stop you building hello world project. “You are rude to people ” said my software. May be it does hear my cursings. As I could not perform sashtanga namaskara, I just joined my hands and prayed again. 

No, not compiling still. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ಹೂಗಳು

ಎಮ್ಮೆ

Not for nation