Silly!

 I thought with the title idea of silly souls. But No, I don't want any controversial title. Like all of us, I don't want to use controversial titles, words, paragraphs. Mum is the word as all of us, we want to be politically correct.

Well, I am a silly soul - that is a established fact. I was experimenting with my website - learn linux . Now that I got hold of one system admin book and actually sitting and reading it, like a child who finds a new toy.  

I decided to modify the website with the newly acquired knowledge.

I tried in favorite browser firefox. Funnily enough, it wasn't displaying many of the setting icons in title bar. When I struggled, and some how managed to change a page, the update button was not clicking. Nothing, I am unable to modify the page, nor able to save the page. What the billions of blistering barnacles  are happening. I rewrote, rewrote and rewrote. 

Then I thought I will use a different browser. It worked like a charm! For one day! Next day, it was behaving as crazy as ever. 

Some how I realized, apps might not be so this much problematic - as I had earlier experimented with flipkart. So I did install the wordpress app. It worked very well first day. OKish second day. And now, it is not letting me save nor update the page. 

I gave up - as people in similar circumstances tend to. I also was unhappy with the fonts and colors of the site. I tried modifying the theme.

Second mistake. 

First theme showed menus in bad color/font. I changed theme again. It was better. Except, it showed my face on top of every page. What! As Ratna Pathak said 'mai tajmahal hu kya'. 

I am not that  fond of my face and certainly would not want it shown in each page
of my website. I tried removing my face. The result, was menu vanished altogether!

And the next trial, showed me menu - but no home page. Empty page with a menu! expletive expletive expletive!!!

Now three hours later, I am sitting with OKish site with both home page, menu minus my face. 

 


You need to keep running to stay in the same place!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ಹೂಗಳು

ಎಮ್ಮೆ

Not for nation